Last week, the Web compat team met in Taipei to work together on webcompat.com and gofaster add-on. This week, the work has a more special human feeling. Work week meetings are good for creating a better sense of community. Tune of the week: Empire State of Minds
Progress this week:
Today: 2016-10-31T07:47:33.647004 341 open issues ---------------------- needsinfo 17 needsdiagnosis 71 needscontact 2 contactready 30 sitewait 181 ----------------------
You are welcome to participate
- Some discussions around
contribute.json. I decided to comment on the interesting proposal on the wiki itself. And there's already an issue opened for it.
- Preparing my slides for Tech in Asia 2016 in Jakarta.
(a selection of some of the bugs worked on this week).
- ServiceWorker is hard. There has been a couple of issues with some sites including SmashingMagazine. See also the discussion in the comments of this bug.
- YouTube and the additional space.
- A story about innerText and
optionsvalues on Microsoft Web site.
position: fixedand named anchor in Firefox is not so good. There is an old bug opened about it. I wonder how many other issues it creates and why it didn't surface more often.
- weather headaches
I often joke that I don’t want to hire a code ninja. Ninjas come in the middle of the night and leave a bloody mess. I want a code janitor. Someone who walks the hallways of code, cleaning up pieces, dusting up neglected parts, shinning up others, tossing unnecessary bits. I prefer this gentler, more accurate analogy. This is the person you want on your team. This is a person you want in your code reviews. On Style Maintenance
Follow Your Nose
- Document how to write tests on webcompat.com using test fixtures.
- ToWrite: Amazon prefetching resources with
<object>for Firefox only.